SABMiller/International Breweries PLC Kickstart, is a corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary IB PLC Foundation. It is aimed at instilling a culture of entrepreneurship among youth in the South Western Nigeria by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include:
- Business development skill training
- Business mentoring and coaching
- Provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion
This comes fresh from the heels of a very successful Season: 1 that saw 25 lucky winners receive grants to kick-start their business dreams and ideas. IB PLC Foundation wants to keep its promise of fulfilling dreams and support young and brilliant minds on how to get employed, generate employment and create wealth for themselves through its KickStart programme.
First launched in South Africa in 1995 by SABMiller, the major Shareholder of IB PLC, Ilesha as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Tanzania. The International Breweries Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians from 18 to 35 who live or have their business within the South Western region.
The programme run by IB PLC Foundation, insist that the goal of the programme is to help build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship among the youths, thereby reducing youth unemployment in the South West. The KickStart programme is one major initiative that would turn around the lives of youths in the area and improve the economic prosperity of the South West.
The second Season of the programme is here and promises to be much more exciting, empowering and rewarding.
- The competition is open ONLY to South Westerners of 18 to 35 years who live or have their business within the South Western region.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers Licence; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc.) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Have an innovative business idea in need of a start-up capital.
- Or already have an existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Must be able to read and write.
Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive business training sessions for one (1) week.
The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan which will be submitted in person at the Head Office in Ilesha, Osun State.
Application Closes at 23:59 hours on September 7th, 2016.
Interested individuals should click here to get more information and download application forms
Article and image source: IB Plc Kickstart Website